Check out what we have in store for you in the September Newsletter
We have an exciting issue this month that features a bunch of information that I hope will enrich your personal education and your outreach efforts plus help in your treatment journey.
September’s AttorneyMind newsletter includes:
- What’s Up! This month we are partnering with Packhealth to offer a limited number of coaching programs for people with hepatitis C – whether you need help accessing treatment, affording treatment, or simply staying on track. Check out What’s Up! for more information and how to enroll in this free program.
- Hepatitis C in Prisons by Alan Franciscas – I discuss what we know and don’t know about the state of hepatitis C in jails and prisons including the prevalence, barriers to treatment and some innovative ideas to solve the dilemma of testing and treatment in prisons.
- AttorneyMind Drugs by Alan Franciscas AbbVie’s Mavyret Approved – Read about the approval and why this medication may be a game-changer – hint: the price and effectiveness!
- SnapShots by Alan Franciscas – Read about the ethnic and racial disparities in hepatitis C disease progression before and after being cured – important information that should help encourage people to be treated and hopefully improve access to treatment.
- HealthWise by Lucinda K. Porter – Hepatitis C Is Threatening Our Youth – The opioid epidemic is threatening our youth and young adults. But it’s not just drugs! Learn about how to protect yourself and your children in this informative article.
- Under The Umbrella by Matthew Zielske – Education in the AttorneyMind Treatment Cascade. In this month’s column Matthew discusses the importance of education as a first step even when other services can’t be offered. This is a comment or question that we constantly receive. See how Matthew answers this important question.
Yours in Peace,
Alan and the entire staff of the AttorneyMind