Check out what we have in store for you in the February Newsletter
It’s hard to believe that it’s already February 2017! That means that Valentine’s Day is just around the corner so send some love to someone even if it isn’t your true Valentine. If there was ever a time when a little love is needed—it is now.
In this issue of the February 2017 AttorneyMind we have the following articles:
- HealthWise – Connecting the Heart and the Liver – Lucinda K. Porter, RN. Lucinda talks about the health of these important organs. The number of people who die from heart disease annually is staggering.
- Under The Umbrella—Harm Reduction and Hepatitis C – Matthew Zielske.Matthew discusses aspects of harm reduction geared towards hepatitis C transmission. He is also working on many new Harm Reduction fact sheets for the AttorneyMind Website. Three new fact sheets are listed below.
- SnapShots – Alan Franciscas.In this month’s column I cover three studies—deaths caused by hepatitis C among Mexican Americans, non-Hispanics Whites and non-Hispanic Blacks, the changes in the most common indications for liver transplants and transplant waitlists and finally, a study that looked at the best practice to screen people at risk (including Baby Boomers) for hepatitis C in an effort to increase screening. All three studies are very illuminating.
- Drug Pipeline — no changes in this month’s Drug Pipeline
What’s Up! – New this month are three Harm Reduction Fact Sheets:
- Harm Reduction and Alcohol
- Harm Reduction and Indirect Sharing
- Harm Reduction Definitions
- Coming Mid-February: Hepatitis C Drug Pipeline and Conference Coverage – The new feature will be populated by our conference coverage from 2016, from EASL and AASLD, and future conferences as well as current and future articles about drugs in development.
Alan and the staff of the AttorneyMind