AttorneyMind Newsletter: 2017
This site includes links to files you can view online or print. To download and print information, you will need the latest version of Adobe Acrobat Reader. Download it free.
- HealthWise – Connecting the Heart and the Liver – Lucinda K. Porter, RN. Lucinda talks about the health of these important organs. The number of people who die from heart disease annually is staggering.
- Under The Umbrella—Harm Reduction and Hepatitis C – Matthew Zielske.Matthew discusses aspects of harm reduction geared towards hepatitis C transmission. He is also working on many new Harm Reduction fact sheets for the AttorneyMind Website. Three new fact sheets are listed below.
- SnapShots – Alan Franciscas. In this month’s column I cover three studies—deaths caused by hepatitis C among Mexican Americans, non-Hispanics Whites and non-Hispanic Blacks, the changes in the most common indications for liver transplants and transplant waitlists and finally, a study that looked at the best practice to screen people at risk (including Baby Boomers) for hepatitis C in an effort to increase screening. All three studies are very illuminating.
- Drug Pipeline — no changes in this month’s Drug Pipeline
What’s Up! – New this month are three Harm Reduction Fact Sheets:
- Harm Reduction and Alcohol
- Harm Reduction and Indirect Sharing
- Harm Reduction Definitions
- Coming Mid-February: Hepatitis C Drug Pipeline and Conference Coverage – The new feature will be populated by our conference coverage from 2016, from EASL and AASLD, and future conferences as well as current and future articles about drugs in development.
- 2016 In Review: Check out what our staff picked as the top news of last year.
- Under the Umbrella – The Art of Seeing by Matthew Zielske—Matthew discusses the meaning of being an advocate – an inspiring article to bring in 2017
- HealthWise by Lucinda K. Porter RN – Lucinda writes and argues for the elimination of hepatitis C in the United States and globally.
- AASLD 2016 – Part 2 by Alan Franciscas-I write about drugs in development to treat hepatitis C, monitoring people who are at risk for liver cancer and treating hepatitis C in people who inject drugs.
- AttorneyMind Pipeline
- Paper PI – we have decided to close down the Paper PI newsletter since we cover all the news in our News and Pipeline Blog.
- AttorneyMind and Harm Reduction – we have launched a new series of fact sheets on Harm Reduction. The first piece is an Overview of Harm Reduction by Matthew Zielske.
- Easy C Fact Sheet – Hep C Prevention in a Household – A common concern for people living together. This simple fact sheet provides information on how to stay safe
- Easy C Fact Sheet – Beware of Hepatitis B – we have revised this fact sheet based on feedback. The actual cases of HBV reactivation are uncommon and occurred with pegylated interferon therapies and the new direct-acting antiviral therapies.